[国际新闻] 美国撤除禁令8月起可带打火机上飞机

美国政府决定从8月4日开始,停止施行已经两年,禁止乘客带普通打火机上飞机的政策。美国运输部认为,在乘客登机前搜索他们身上是否携带打火机,根本是浪费时间。 2001年当鞋子炸弹客芮德意图在从巴黎飞往迈阿密的班机上,用火柴引燃藏在鞋子里的炸弹後,美国政府在国会的坚持之下,终於宣布了禁带打火机上机的命令。
0 v0 }7 O4 R( ~: O人在德国 社区
: }9 [! o3 x0 a) M; q' i; wCigarette lighter ban 'a waste of time': US/ v6 `1 |: Y: X
US authorities will no longer enforce a two-year-old ban against taking cigarette lighters on planes because searching passengers wasted time and did not improve aviation security, the New York Times reports.2 y( x# u( S6 x9 T/ I
; F. L7 Y5 d8 w4 x% [
The ban on lighters was ordered by US lawmakers after a passenger, Richard Reid, tried to ignite a bomb in his shoe in 2001 on a flight from Paris to Miami.. Q$ B! {1 t: U: U) p5 [4 y

0 K  H% R/ }, YReid, known as the "shoe bomber", had used matches to try to ignite explosives concealed in his shoe and is currently serving a life sentence for trying to blow up the transatlantic flight.0 X8 z4 ~* }& Z" m; A2 y! Z
* X" n3 h) O  k
US authorities have never tried to ban matches from flights.; q6 i, \" L# E( W$ i% l

! h& s- T, p1 k& E! nrs238848.rs.hosteurope.deUS Transport Security Administration assistant secretary Kip Hawley says the ban on lighters did not significantly enhance security because small batteries could be used to detonate a bomb.
- ]. I+ F9 z! @8 z! F% G! ^Mr Hawley says lifting the prohibition will free up security officers to spend more time looking for bombs or bomb parts.
$ q5 C& o* ?- W) f% a2 |  @/ w/ }) x  g4 R# f
"The number one threat for us is someone trying to bring bomb components through the security check point," he said.rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de$ A5 H8 H/ t5 z: m2 ~3 {0 X7 z

) P- f  r  o' e& z( {rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de"We don't want anything that distracts concentration from searching for that."
9 s3 g5 a# ~3 U- V9 ?# W9 ]- E- D
5 u4 H( r+ B1 o1 M4 W3 b! `The policy change is to take effect on August 4 and applies to disposable butane lighters and refillable lighters.+ k* q4 s# s. h  N( v4 u
. ^- ?7 O9 M' \6 ~9 o( G
The New York Times says some 22,000 lighters a day are collected by security officers at airports across the United States and disposing of the confiscated lighters has cost about $US4 million a year.
Share |