Board logo

炎籾: 匯泣抖囂簡怏才喘隈��哂哂�� [嬉咫云匈]

恬宀: 999討况峠    扮寂: 2005-12-11 02:35     炎籾: 匯泣抖囂簡怏才喘隈��哂哂��

, ace
, He's an ace reporter.
, MEANING: very good

, action
, Do you know where the action is in this town?
, MEANING: excitement

, airhead
, My sister's boyfriend is a real airhead.
, MEANING: stupid person

, all wet
, Your ideas about politics are all wet.
, MEANING: completely wrong

, all-nighter
, I almost fell asleep during the test after an all-nighter.
, MEANING: after studying all night.

, ammo
, The gun was useless after the killer ran out of ammo.
, MEANING: ammunition

, antifreeze
, I really need some antifreeze in me on cold days like this.
, MEANING: liquor

, armpit
, This town is really an armpit.
, MEANING: undesirable place

, awesome
, What an awesome sunset.
, MEANING: great

, bad
, Wow, that was really a bad movie.
, MEANING: intense

, barf
, He barfed all over the seat of the airplane.
, MEANING: vomitted

, bashed
, The boat was bashed beyond recognition.
, MEANING: crushed

, beat
, After working all day I am really beat.
, MEANING: exhausted

, beemer
, He just bought a new beemer to drive to work in.
, MEANING: B.M.W. car

, bench
, He was benched during the basketball playoffs.
, MEANING: taken out of the game

, bent
, It's OK. Don't get so bent.
, MEANING: angry

, bent out of shape
, Don't get so bent out of shape.
, MEANING: become upset

, big gun
, The president brought two big guns to the meeting.
, MEANING: powerful people

, big mouth
, Shut up! You really have a big mouth.
, MEANING: talk too much

, big stink
, The citizens made a big stink about the new nuclear power station.
, MEANING: big issue

, blade
, He carried a ten inch blade with him.
, MEANING: knife

, blimp
, I always seem to have a blimp sitting next to me when I travel.
, MEANING: very fat person

, blow
, I'm going to blow out of here now.
, MEANING: leave

, blow
, He blew all his money gambling.
, MEANING: lost

, blow a fuse
, Hey, don't blow a fuse.
, MEANING: lose your temper.

, blow one's cool
, Calm down. Don't blow your cool.
, MEANING: become angry

, blown away
, I was blown away by his donation of a million dollars.
, MEANING: greatly impressed

, bomb
, The movie was a bomb.
, MEANING: bad

, bombed
, The driver of the car was bombed.
, MEANING: intoxicated

, bonkers
, I think I am going bonkers.
, MEANING: crazy

, boo-boo
, If you make another boo-boo like that, you won't have a job.
, MEANING: mistake

, booze
, I promised to bring two bottles of booze to the party.
, MEANING: alcohol

, bread
, I need some bread to pay for my car.
, MEANING: money

, break
, A lucky break helped him get the job.
, MEANING: opportunity

, break it up
, Break it up, or I will call the police.
, MEANING: stop

, bring-down
, The news of the airplane crash was a bring-down.
, MEANING: depressing

, buck
, Do you have a buck I can borrow?
, MEANING: dollar

, bummed
, I was really bummed after I heard the news.
, MEANING: depressed

, bummer
, My trip to New York was a bummer.
, MEANING: bad experience

, bust
, The whole idea was a bust.
, MEANING: failure

, buy it
, If you don't slow down, you're going to buy it in a car accident.
, MEANING: die

, call
, The weatherman made a good call about when the storm would come.
, MEANING: prediction

, can
, Do you know where the can is?
, MEANING: bathroom

, carb
, My motorcycle's carb is out of adjustment.
, MEANING: carburetor

, catch some rays
, I'm going to lie on the beach and catch some rays.
, MEANING: get some sunshine.

, catch some Z's
, I need to catch some Z's before I go on my trip.
, MEANING: get some sleep

, cheesy
, That is really a cheesy looking outfit.
, MEANING: cheap

, chicken
, Don't be a chicken.
, MEANING: coward

, chintzy
, That really was a chintzy present you got him.
, MEANING: cheap

, chow down
, I need to find a place to chow down.
, MEANING: eat a lot

, clip
, Watch out or they will clip you at that bar.
, MEANING: cheat

, clunker
, I can't go on a date in that clunker.
, MEANING: old car

, cold fish
, My date for the dance was a cold fish.
, MEANING: dull

, collar
, I knew they would collar the robber sooner or later.
, MEANING: arrest

, come up for air
, He has to come up for air or he will die from exhaustion.
, MEANING: take a break

, con
, Don't try to con me.
, MEANING: deceive

, cool
, This is a really cool place to work.
, MEANING: good

, cool down
, Things should cool down in a day or two.
, MEANING: calm down

, cop
, How did you get the road sign? I copped it.
, MEANING: robbed

, cop
, The cop showed me his badge.
, MEANING: policeman

, couch potato
, He is a couch potato.
, MEANING: lazy person

, crack open a bottle
, Let's crack open a bottle for his birthday.
, MEANING: open

, cram
, I need more time to cram for the test.
, MEANING: study hard

, cream
, Our team creamed them badly.
, MEANING: beat

, croak
, I feel like I am going to croak.
, MEANING: die

, cruise
, The skier was cruising down the hill
, MEANING: going very fast

, cuffs
, He put the cuffs on the killer.
, MEANING: handcuffs

, cushy
, He has a really cushy job.
, MEANING: easy

, cut
, Could you cut my whiskey with a little water?
, MEANING: dilute

, cut out
, It is late. I have to cut out.
, MEANING: leave

, damage
, Lets get the bill and find out the damage.
, MEANING: cost

, dead
, This disco is really dead tonight.
, MEANING: quiet

, deck
, He was decked in the fight.
, MEANING: knocked down

, deep pockets
, Her boyfriend has deep pockets.
, MEANING: is a good source of money

, dicey
, Since the weather is a little dicey, I won't go today.
, MEANING: chancy

, dirty
, I hear that it's a dirty movie.
, MEANING: an obscene

, ditch 6pa
, I'll ditch my younger brother with my grandmother.
, MEANING: leave

, do a snow job on
, Don't try to do a snow job on me.
, MEANING: deceive

, dope
, He is such a dope.
, MEANING: stupid person

, dope
, There are a lot of dope dealers around here.
, MEANING: drug

, dork
, He is such a dork.
, MEANING: strange person

, dough
, I need some dough before I can go Christmas shopping.
, MEANING: money

, down
, Let's go to a bar and down a few beers.
, MEANING: drink quickly

, drag
, Doing homework on the weekend is a drag.
, MEANING: boring

, dynamite
, This drink is really dynamite.
, MEANING: powerful; great

, earful
, My grandmother gave me an earful about the neighborhood.
, MEANING: a lot of gossip

, easy mark
, The Japanese are an easy mark because they usually carry cash.
, MEANING: likely victims

, eat
, The problem is really eating away at me.
, MEANING: bothering

, excellent
, That's excellent man.
, MEANING: fine

, face-off
, The two sides were headed for a nasty face-off.
, MEANING: confrontation

, far-out
, This music is really far-out.
, MEANING: great

, fix
, The addict needs another fix.
, MEANING: dose of drugs

, flaky
, He is too flaky to do the work.
, MEANING: unreliable

, flashback
, At the wedding he had a flashback of his old girlfriend.
, MEANING: remembered

, flick
, I haven't seen a flick in a long time.
, MEANING: movie

, flip out
, He flipped out when he heard that his mother had been killed.
, MEANING: lost control

, flip side
, What kind of music do you have on the flip side of the tape?
, MEANING: other side

, fox
, His older sister is a fox.
, MEANING: very attractive

, foxy
, She is a foxy lady.
, MEANING: sexy

, freebie
, The pillow was a freebie
, MEANING: free

, get into something
, I got into gardening in high school.
, MEANING: became seriously interested in

, get it
, I listened to the joke twice, but I still don't get it.
, MEANING: understand

, get with it
, If you don't get with it, we will never finish this work.
, MEANING: hurry up

, gig
, I have a gig on Saturday night from 7:00 to 10:00.
, MEANING: job

, glitch
, This computer program has a glitch.
, MEANING: defect

, glitzy
, This is a pretty glitzy hotel to be staying in.
, MEANING: fashionable

, go
, Let me have a go at solving the problem.
, MEANING: try

, go bananas
, I am going to go bananas if I don't have a vacation soon.
, MEANING: go crazy

, go down
, What is going down?
, MEANING: happening

, goof
, I am really a goof at times.
, MEANING: fool

, goof up
, I really goofed up when I painted my room green.
, MEANING: made a serious mistake

, goofy
, You are always acting goofy these days.
, MEANING: silly

, gourd
, Use your gourd to figure out what is happening.
, MEANING: head

, grand
, His salary is twenty grand.
, MEANING: thousand dollars

, grass
, Lots of students smoke grass in the dormitory.
, MEANING: marijuana

, gravy
, This job is pure gravy.
, MEANING: easy money
恬宀: 弌棒頃徨    扮寂: 2005-12-11 03:03

it is very useful! great job!yes.gif
恬宀: Moses    扮寂: 2005-12-11 11:16

thanks, my dear sister

nice work!!




散哭高匝 繁壓蟻忽 芙曝 (http://rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de/bbs/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2