, b/ i4 Z% ~( @/ N 克里夫回忆说:“那真是太可怕了,警察敲响了我家的门,说我们的婚姻是非法的。我解释称我们都离婚了,并且没有血缘关系。但警察仍然将我像罪犯一样关了好几个小时。我被警方告知,如果我非要跟布兰达结婚,那么我将在牢房中被关上七年。” / P R5 X3 B ^( r5 I# y$ J
: O" h" V7 M) B" h$ j 获释后,克里夫仍然坚定不移地想和布兰达结婚,从那以来,他打了15年的法律战,最后将官司打上了欧洲人权法庭。欧洲人权法庭作出判决,宣布女婿和前丈母娘结婚不应该存在任何法律障碍,今年1月,英国终于修改了禁止女婿迎娶丈母娘的法律,为克里夫迎娶前丈母娘布兰达打开了“绿灯”。 3 K& y( L. c% I4 O6 l. W2 P! O/ S X2 B% m4 G9 N; N$ s3月17日,克里夫在沃林顿市民政部门结婚登记办公室正式和前丈母娘布兰达举行了婚礼,三十年前,这儿也是克里夫和布兰达的女儿伊里妮结婚登记的地方。51岁的克里夫对媒体说:“这是我生命中最美好的一天,我好多年都在梦想这一刻的到来。这些年来,人们总是将我们看做行为反常的怪人,但现在,我们和其他任何夫妇都一样。我们结婚了,因为我们彼此相爱。”66岁的布兰达也高兴地说:“我高兴得不知该说什么好。” 8 f) Q6 O) |( T1 ` C6 ]% i/ t* ~0 Z
目击者称,克里夫的前妻伊里妮并没有出席她母亲和前夫的婚礼。当克里夫和布兰达结婚后,对于伊里妮来说,克里夫既是她的前夫,但也成了她的“继父”。而对于她和克里夫以前所生的两个女儿来说,布兰达不仅是她们的外婆,也成了她们的继母。据悉,这场特殊的婚姻创下了一个英国历史纪录,它使克里夫成了英国历史上第一个迎娶丈母娘的新郎。 3 e; s1 x @& q5 t1 F @: S ( y5 [$ b2 ~0 J d4 x6 F, _! } " `, o+ E. @7 j4 y/ ]7 E# E$ L) G" W% X& c9 [" k$ @8 E
18 March 2007 ; I5 g- V1 e, t" K1 N' ZMARRYING THE MOTHER-IN-LAW 4 a3 V- l( S/ S..AFTER 15-YEAR FIGHT TO CHANGE LAW: n% w* @) E. m' i( @' H( n
BRAVE Clive Bunden made British history yesterday... by marrying his mother-in-law.+ W2 s3 s9 V' t0 b9 [
- L7 [6 M" k# \, e3 z0 |
Clive was so intent on wedding his ex-wife's mum Brenda Bailey, 66, he had to fight a 15-year legal battle and go to the European Court of Human Rights to get the law changed. ! J+ P$ o( t1 B+ w 9 K$ s3 F% |' |2 a; D' h, DClive and Brenda first tried to marry in 1992 but they were reported and Clive was even arrested because it was illegal to wed an in-law then., t3 O6 _1 W0 z% u/ r6 x
. b& \) n$ @: Z# {
Yesterday they married at Warrington Register Office - the same one where Clive, 53, wed Brenda's daughter Irene 30 years ago. 4 u! Z7 _* \3 T! i1 k8 b. V) M9 [* A6 K$ q: v
Clive said: "It has been the best day of my life. I have been dreaming about this for ages. People treated us like freaks for years but now we're like any other couple." & @. Q- i7 u1 D' s0 p/ u6 _4 Z1 C! l$ G
Remarried Irene did not go to the wedding, but pals said they are on "talking terms". & S O! l, `( v# M( ~ # W( ?- n: v: _9 {- h, ]" ^1 J2 M! H9 |7 ^3 V
Dad-of-two Clive started dating Brenda four years after divorcing Irene. He said: "I married Irene at 19 but Brenda and I never got on then. I joke she was jealous of seeing me with her daughter. People laugh about me like I'm something out of a Les Dawson sketch. But we don't think we're weird."" . {" X9 D7 I& x# B+ f + X" U+ _% J- V4 V3 x+ r0 S- P E) ~# @& {9 p$ |- q
Ex-nurse Brenda said: "We used to hate each other but came together in a lonely part of our lives. We fell in love."1 I3 Y6 e! J' N# l9 u4 s+ {7 }
& |1 Y- ]4 B! `$ g1 I+ L" l. s
: Z( D- }. x \) Z& l, ]" i* M! m
TWO FROM LES* g/ W( c; l6 j4 g
( p) Y& _/ {6 b6 @6 T, k' j4 F' [ B, l$ ~0 e+ j0 `I SAW the mother-in-law walking down the path so I jumped out and shouted "BOO!" She said: "You nearly frightened me to death," so I shouted: "BOO! BOO! BOO!"8 g$ G5 L; R' j
7 g8 M# B& T6 Z) b0 A8 V2 K3 \: `
/ W7 l! z* F% b* I: I, d4 i+ u; UMY mother-in-law said: "One day I'll dance on your grave." I said: "I hope you do... I'm being buried at sea."