[国际新闻] 斯皮尔伯格可能退出北京奥运顾问工作

「时代」周刊的「中国博客」专栏作家艾利根指出,好莱坞着名导演史蒂芬斯皮尔伯格可能退出二零零八年北京奥运艺术顾问的工作,除非北京针对达佛地区的问题对苏丹政府采取更强硬的立场。
5 _; r& X' g6 J% c" m
- L; o* [( x' rrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de艾利根引述北京清华大学国际问题研究所所长阎学通表示,北京已经在压力下对于达佛的问题有所反应,包括今年四月间中国外交部发言人呼吁达佛当局应考虑接受联合国的和平计划。) g; r- W$ T8 ^4 U  C0 [

7 Y  Q9 `* z/ K( W: F七月上旬,苏丹宣布会接受联合国和平部队进驻。这显然是中国方面施压的结果。rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de7 A* K: k. s3 m5 b- |: m# I

0 T6 K/ W. i4 t9 m如果斯皮尔伯格退出北京奥运艺术顾问工作,会产生相当大的效应。艾利根指出,北京方面没有料到关切达佛问题的行动人士会一致的用北京奥运来对中国施压。大家都明白中国共产党领导人急切地希望奥运会一切平顺,也因此更难承受压力。
5 o/ {/ y0 x0 \- l, Mrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
/ s  D7 h; Z  G/ U: M1 k' Jrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de艾利根表示,他最近与「拯救达佛联盟」的发起人--史密斯学院的英国文学教授李维兹谈到如何对中国施压,李维兹表示,他们会一直大声疾呼,因为中国政府知道会有更多压力,他们会害怕。
8 R4 h2 M; @" K  o8 f5 c- s人在德国 社区rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de) t. ]5 ^: d; G2 v
不过,艾利根指出,根据他与阎学通的谈话获得的了解,也许北京对达佛问题能做的及愿意做的已到极限。阎学通指出,中国绝不会改变不干预其他国家内政的立场。如果他们改变了这项立场,将会让联合国对于涉及台湾问题的干预行动合法化。
3 Q* i; ^2 Y: L- o" |, A, {
- B5 a" y1 }* m: B" Q% s
人在德国 社区- A- G4 p8 w) u, t: s
斯皮尔伯格同中国方面进行了"私下对话"rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de% R& c& A' U  H6 U) O$ J; R4 N( o6 s

& Q" e: O* f1 P7 s艾利根指出,从直觉判断,北京对达佛问题不会有进一步行动。拯救达佛行动人士从道义出发的种种作为撞上中国不可能移动的外交政策高墙,可预期很快会演变成一片乱局。

3 M' |& l, r# ~. _rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de$ B; H( W& y" m  a3 S# T! `6 M- j4 _
July 27, 2007 5:56
. u- J# }. I$ j/ b; U7 f" ?人在德国 社区Steven Spielberg to Quit as Beijing Olympics Adviser over Darfur?) C, N, A+ @  i5 P/ U- [7 f
5 o; o3 W. l; |+ q0 I1 ^$ [3 b
So, Steven Spielberg may quit his position as artistic adviser to the 2008 Beijing Olympics if China does not take a harder line against Sudan over Darfur. So far this possibility is based on comments by a Spielberg spokesman that "Steven" will determine his position in a few weeks but "Our main interest is ending the genocide.," etc etc.% b6 |; q% B/ D7 ?

* u) ^1 Z8 a: T8 D( S& f8 {" \This sounds a little vague, but t me it's a blindingly clear signal to China from Spielberg that he is thinking seriously of bailing out. I was speaking to some of the organizers of the Darfur campaign earlier this week and they warned me to expect an announcement of some sort. It may not be as strong as they would have liked, but it's a big deal nevertheless. Spielberg is a big name but the broader implications are much bigger than him. As I've said on this blog before, Beijing is in for a shock at the extent to which activists of all stripes will try to use the Olympics as leverage. The reason is simple: everyone knows how desperately he Communist party leadership wants the Games to go smoothly, which makes them extremely vulnerable to pressure. I think they've miscalculated with Darfur, too, and don't grasp to what extent the campaign has garnered popular support in the U.S., where you've got soccer moms doing grassroots organizing and NBA stars and 108 congressmen sending threatening letters on the issue to the Chinese Embassy. The next step, activists say, is to take that pressure to the Olympic sponsors and also to start a divestment campaign against U.S. listed Chinese companies, of which of course there are many. The sponsors are obsessively preoccupied with their public image (Coca Cola is an obvious example, along with GE, Johnson & Johnson etc ) and the minute they think they are going to be associated with genocide, they'll sprint for the doors. Beijing has miscalculated but still, in my opinion, doesn't know what is going to hit them.
; R, ]3 p5 S( `) }' x# l3 @" n3 `" F4 q. k( {; n, b9 ^3 @5 c1 ^
"We say to the Chinese, 'we know you think this is your moment to step onto the world stage but we are going to rain on your parade,'" until action is taken, I was told earlier in the week by Eric Reeves, the professor of English Literature at Smith College who started the whole thing back in January. Reeves (he and the other members of the Save Darfur Coalition emphasize by the way, that they aren't calling for a boycott of the Olympics, just trying to put pressure for change on China; the boycott thing is squarely on actress Mia Farrow) says he and his supporters have only just begun to fight: "We're roaring along. The Chinese know more pressure is coming and they are afraid."
) X. N" k8 Z2 }; {人在德国 社区4 I- G+ [8 h# Y; E3 J, k& u7 B
According to Yan Xuetong, who heads the Institute of International Studies at Beijing's prestigious Tsinghua University, Beijing already has reacted to the pressure over Darfur. In April, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said the Darfur regime should "be more flexible" and consider the U.N. peace plan for the region, a call Reeves of Smith called "unprecedented" from a country whose foreign policy is built on the principle that a country's internal affairs should never be subject to interference from outsiders. Then in early July, Khartoum announced that it would accept a proposed United Nations peacekeeping force that would intervene to stop the fighting in Darfur, a move it had staunchly resisted in the past, a decision that was widely seen as directly arising from Chinese pressure.
/ v' {/ f' [0 ]7 U; V! G" Y) brs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
' f7 a; a  D( ?人在德国 社区But if Yan Xuetong of Tsinghua is right, Beijing may have already done all it can--or will. "China will never change its fundamental problem of non-intervention in internal affairs. If they did it could legitimize intervention by the U.N. in matters such as Taiwan," something that would be total anathema. Gut instinct screams that he's right and Beijing won't go any further, at least in public. The possibility of a boycott is still remote for many reasons but, with campaigners full of moral certainty and self-righteous zeal running headlong into a an unmovable Chinese foreign policy Wall, things could get messy very quickly." L& w3 W" Z/ H+ s

" Z7 @: v; a9 F# O& T8 p0 R----
$ J8 }6 o/ z6 s& {人在德国 社区: i/ y' j# T2 Z& J
BBC中文网
% u. L4 _/ f( Z, ers238848.rs.hosteurope.de/ ]/ [5 R4 p& y& c3 \
斯皮尔伯格可能退出北京奥运
' O/ B; B1 z& M6 Q; t( @8 q8 c# y6 {人在德国 社区
6 ]. \9 j' m- _- i" u6 u美国广播公司报道说,除非中国在苏丹问题上采取强硬立场,否则好莱坞电影人斯皮尔伯格可能不会为北京2008年奥运会担当艺术顾问。 # ^4 M/ J% X6 P. _( U9 A: j" ~3 @

/ w; J- `  b, v. ?中国作为苏丹石油业的主要投资国因为不同意让联合国维和部队进入动乱的苏丹达尔富尔地区所以一直受到批评。 - R7 o" {) ]6 n6 h" E
4 {( g8 L1 B: m; i" G+ f/ Q
斯皮尔伯格的发言人说,斯皮尔伯格将在今后几周内就同中国有关的事务作出决定。该发言人说,他们主要的关注是如何结束苏丹的屠杀。
  E3 _0 j# C+ e9 [' S' Y& _rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de) ?* C9 x! p6 o6 j3 ]  P) p
人权组织一直指责中国向苏丹出售武器,而这些武器在达尔富尔地区出现。 ! z2 ]0 i) f+ F2 }8 Y- s

- i4 ]- V+ h& {+ K8 o人在德国 社区斯皮尔伯格的发言人还说,斯皮尔伯格是北京奥运会的许多顾问之一,他将努力利用奥运会在苏丹问题上同中国沟通。 # _1 d$ C! g' d3 ]$ w- `$ S

5 M$ n7 r3 l. ?/ M" h- q该发言人还补充说,斯皮尔伯格同中国方面进行了"私下对话",据料斯皮尔伯格不久会从中国政府那里得到消息。
4 Q0 `. O) P, _
3 L+ K6 x+ U+ V2 [殖民主义指称
7 s, R% |! I- b. l& l& `rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
' u+ r. U( J9 d, E斯皮尔伯格5月曾经致信中国国家主席胡锦涛,呼吁中国对苏丹施加压力,要苏丹接受联合国维和部队。现在这时斯皮尔伯格首次表示可能会辞去北京奥运的相关职务。
9 {5 R7 B4 e$ k' ]" V( {
7 v4 B& Q+ r0 A7 R- B3 Q* ^& W斯皮尔伯格给胡锦涛写信前曾经受到女影星米娅·法罗的批评,她在3月发表在华尔街时报的文章中批评斯皮尔伯格参与2008年奥运。 4 j; R3 t4 q0 i9 r2 b- ]

5 [  S( V) z% |6 W# Q" q- ?$ Xrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de米娅·法罗写到,"难道斯皮尔伯格先生真想成为北京奥运的雷妮o瑞芬舒丹吗?",她把斯皮尔伯格比作得到纳粹支持的,为1936年柏林奥运拍摄的制片人雷妮o瑞芬舒丹。

* z( s& b# n, Y人在德国 社区
- l8 c' S% }% \& @! ~" M& @
% [) R2 l6 c# ]: a4 M% j2 _ 难道斯皮尔伯格先生真想成为北京奥运的雷妮o瑞芬舒丹吗? ; Y" i/ [; h5 s1 ?. h

% K6 D' Q( K2 a! [6 h2 }) Z人在德国 社区
" D3 c+ w# f  Z& o3 d( Y米娅·法罗
3 ]- j4 w/ }2 j8 f
* w1 Q: d/ |  d* ^# Z8 grs238848.rs.hosteurope.de9 Z- |/ u0 N; Q" O4 U/ X
2 ?2 I6 @0 I2 B8 [# H3 R
上月中国宣布成立10亿美元的基金,旨在促进对非洲的贸易和投资,但是此举被批评为现代殖民主义。
Share |