[国际新闻] 法语老虎乡愁难解 动物园吁法语游客探望

加拿大爱蒙顿市瓦利动物园管理员向法语游客招手,呼吁他们到动物园探望一头西伯利亚虎,多跟它说法语,一声bonjour(你好)能解老虎乡愁。 + y: W' t- r" T8 t- L( e9 n

$ n5 w0 W+ J$ d8 E/ y! Q人在德国 社区  7岁雄老虎鲍里斯在魁北克出世,2006年5月移入爱蒙顿瓦利动物园,职员发现他对英语口令没反应。动物园只好请法语裔动物园管理员埃佩尔看它,试着对他说几句法语。  # Q8 ?- I0 o6 P6 v
    @6 X$ T* m8 P# q& h
  埃佩尔来自沙斯卡寸旺省,差不多在鲍里斯来的时候开始在瓦利动物园工作。  
. ^( Z) j1 u3 h2 p6 a
, Y7 `, l4 R2 `4 o( I5 x$ Grs238848.rs.hosteurope.de  埃佩尔说:“我说bonjour,鲍里斯,接着用法语对它说话,它就起身,走到我跟前。”  rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de+ ~. Z& o5 D( M; A

5 E- Y4 }& O. v! e' l) j4 ]( z. F  埃佩尔指出,鲍里斯听见游客说法语,甚至会精神抖擞起来。她说:“特别是刚来的时候,因为(法语)是他习惯的语言。”  : V9 M  M3 `! V# m7 {; i8 U9 d
6 X, H' j8 O, M/ G
  瓦利动物园的职员发现,鲍里斯移居1年左右,法语依然是它偏爱的语言。  6 X) n! d- h" v7 P1 Z

: c2 }: t8 f$ M) Z: R  鲍里斯喜欢法语,驯兽师不觉奇怪,他们早就知道,高等动物认识及回应特定的人类语言。  
& _! w' z, z8 T9 F2 Irs238848.rs.hosteurope.de! v$ f0 u/ u9 \
  研究动物行为的阿尔伯达大学心理学家斯特迪医生指出,狗和猫可以学习及响应差不多任何语言。  
; x1 k: k" N) j$ Irs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
; P6 w1 y' q, s4 x0 Z人在德国 社区  鲍里斯在魁省格兰比动物园诞生后,由人类扶养长大,它的训练员都用法语。  
) E! F5 W6 V& T
# G. r+ {2 |& W; V  瓦利动物园营运主管特雷克尔承认,鲍里斯这一年来逐渐习惯阿尔伯达省语法。但特雷克尔说,鲍里斯以“说法语的老虎”闻名遐迩,他希望游客慕名探视这只稀有老虎,以及用他习惯的语
言对他说话。
9 L  l# }  W* d; }+ C( b
2 v  z0 E: v2 V8 Grs238848.rs.hosteurope.de0 e1 o$ ~' P4 h/ \

, d2 L& ~8 g; G6 i人在德国 社区TETE-A-TETE WITH A TIGER: Edmonton's Valley Zoo is inviting French speakers to stop and chat with Boris, a Siberian tiger from the Granby Zoo in Quebec, who appears to be missing his first language.
+ e4 l/ C& i3 u! c' Z人在德国 社区
1 ~+ g% r: w2 |, [8 h6 F* S
% R6 S' K; `% a& D- `Zoo's Quebec cat likes French chatKeepers discover eight-year-old Boris is more responsive to the language of his youthrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de' Z! a* S0 `) L$ x" H, g
人在德国 社区6 Z9 V$ H8 F# Q: B% {& K
EDMONTON - Word has spread quickly that Boris, the Valley Zoo's Siberian tiger, likes the sound of people speaking French.2 J% W' H: A: ]( e4 H5 {% M3 h0 I
On the same day the zoo invited people who speak French to visit Boris, who was born and raised in Quebec, visitors could be heard tossing a few French words at the tiger as they stopped outside his enclosure.
2 E/ s( R- q7 T( OCloser in, zookeeper Ginette Heppelle, also cooed to the big cat in French.8 {  {4 h4 D! h

6 Z( F  W8 o9 U0 S' F"Salut, mon chat!" she said. "Comment ca va?"
/ @4 R- P. X+ Vrs238848.rs.hosteurope.deThe tiger's size -- he weighs 135 kilograms and is 2.5 metres long -- and his four huge canine teeth make him a spectacular sight. But it's his apparent disposition to the French language that has caught the public's attention.
' P& C* P% X1 L% y* D) QBoris arrived at the Valley Zoo last May after spending the first seven years of his life at the Granby Zoo in Quebec.
8 k9 e# n. j9 Q( t1 `* drs238848.rs.hosteurope.deHe was unresponsive upon his arrival, said the Valley Zoo's operations supervisor, Dean Triechel. But things changed when Heppelle, a French speaker, chatted with the cat in her native tongue.1 ?( L0 I& `. J6 B  C  d
"He was being aloof most of the time, but as soon as he heard the French language, he came over to the bars," said Triechel. "(When he hears French,) he just shows that interest in general."
8 R/ q' b8 {" i, Z) j  IAt times on Monday, the tiger appeared responsive to Heppelle's words. At other times, he simply stretched, yawned and appeared to be basking in the attention of visitors.
% A/ n  s' \. S1 U8 ~"He's one of the goofiest large cats I've ever seen," said Triechel.
& [3 O! l0 @! F1 p4 o/ Q: BHeppelle noted that it was probably the cat's new surroundings that made Boris uncomfortable during his first days in Edmonton.rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de; O2 U, T& P/ x$ p) e. K% P, C
Still, Heppelle thinks it could be soothing for him to hear French from visitors.% W" K- G( K9 L# X0 F/ R0 V
"If anything, it will just remind him of home and it will probably make him feel pretty good," she said.
, N$ Z7 v( G0 Z5 O' iJoseph Stookey, a professor in the department of large animal clinical sciences at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in Saskatchewan, said the move probably had the biggest impact on Boris's comfort level. He doubts the tiger would appreciate hearing French words from the public.# @0 z9 ~5 N( ]9 Z* d
"You can imagine all of the conversations that people have around that enclosure, and I don't think the tiger would put that together in any kind of meaningful way," Stookey said.人在德国 社区3 ]" t% a* z8 Q* F
"The animal knows it's in a strange place and it's going to feel that way for a long time ... (language) is going to be a small part of this great, big, unfamiliar picture for the animal."rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de4 o' P' W. _1 Y- B( Z, }8 R
Triechel admits that he's just as keen to have people learn more about the Siberian tiger as he is about having them speak French to Boris. Siberian tigers are an endangered species; it's estimated there are fewer than 500 left in the world.
6 K; }1 V) ~% d. nBoris is part of the Species Survival Plan program. One of its goals is to organize managed breeding programs for some animals facing extinction.
& s* X5 T: }+ f: B/ \0 Krs238848.rs.hosteurope.deBoris is now being trained to understand some English words as part of a behavioural training program that will allow zoo staff to inoculate him with greater ease.* K9 ^6 e8 s6 ~2 L# F7 [2 W
He joins a 19-year-old female Siberian tiger at the zoo.
1 ~  b# ^/ o& C* |& trs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
2 U' ~0 c) f7 @rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de[ 本帖最后由 日月光 于 2007-6-1 15:02 编辑 ]