[中国新闻] 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解

正在中国访问的美军参谋长联席会议主席彼得·佩斯23日在北京举行的新闻发布会上表示,他与中国军方领导商谈了建立美中军事热线一事。“希望通过军事热线,增加双方沟通的机会,减少误判,消除误解。”& x5 a5 n$ |7 f; G7 g
  Z& Y& R7 |. V3 B, b* \$ N  \6 b
  佩斯是应中央军委委员、中国人民解放军总参谋长梁光烈的邀请,于22日开始对中国为期4天的正式访问。中央军委副主席郭伯雄,中央军委副主席、国务委员兼国防部长曹刚川22日分别会见了佩斯。梁光烈与佩斯举行了会谈。* }) [3 O5 ]! Y- A

4 |- r5 ]- x( Q, m( a  佩斯说,他们讨论了通过其他途径增进两军间的信任,比如,互相观摩军事演习,共同参加人道主义救援,增加军官交流等。
) ^4 K  o9 J- c7 _% q/ _5 C1 H人在德国 社区
- g& s5 T; O" B; W  佩斯一行是今年访华的第一个美国高级军事代表团,也是佩斯2005年就任美军参联会主席以来首次访华。

3 \  p; ?" J5 r. W
4 H! U; Y) P( u% R5 E% V人在德国 社区U.S. general says Beijing 'hotline' possible
' |! R' A  J! F0 B+ M- y1 |. @) f' e' Y0 S
BEIJING — China's military is proposing officer exchanges and other confidence-building measures with the U.S. Army and may be inching closer to setting up a “hotline” for emergency communication with Washington, the top U.S. general said Friday.9 v% {2 q/ d9 ^- o1 A5 r

" I+ X! f! G: X% b+ hHowever, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he received no new information in meetings with Chinese military chiefs about Beijing's test of an anti-satellite weapon in January that raised concern in Washington. He said he continued to press China's generals for more transparency about the aims of their military buildup.
8 D7 x+ T8 b' E: K# e9 B! O5 H* l, k8 w! u1 |4 T; x! V
“I used the example of the anti-satellite test as how sometimes the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,” Gen. Pace said.* V: }2 ^& g" z( j2 F+ f
rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de+ S. D+ D" e/ q2 F/ @. g3 v
Gen. Pace said he immediately agreed to study the proposals put forward Friday by Gen. Liang Guanglie, chief of the PLA's General Staff Department. Liang's move suggested a departure from the skepticism with which the highly secretive People's Liberation Army has long regarded co-operation with the U.S. military.% o- l  o  i/ H3 Q# q
rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de: Q, E6 l+ j% \& \
“To me this was a very good, open discussion and one that I found very encouraging,” Gen. Pace told reporters in Beijing.* c! N+ Y5 N5 u' K- @. I
" A9 O9 W7 v. t* N. }
Gen. Liang's proposals included sending Chinese cadets to the Army academy at West Point as well as participating in joint exercises and humanitarian and relief-at-sea operations “that might be able to build trust and confidence amongst our forces.”
. T0 v) y$ ?3 L( k! g- J1 B( x. ~( C% n
Military exchanges were largely suspended following a collision between a U.S. spy plane and a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. The Chinese pilot was killed and the U.S. crew held captive after making an emergency landing at a Chinese air base.( |3 R2 v0 ^6 _3 u0 B( v1 R) ~: ^1 N6 f
+ w7 O4 g! ]+ h: s, A6 j7 `
During that crisis, communication between the sides was spotty and at times non-existent, largely because Washington had no direct channel of communications with the Chinese leadership.
6 w4 q; K6 e6 P, n9 E
- s2 o) o) ]! s6 I4 a/ ^Gen. Pace said the sides agreed to keep discussing setting up a “hotline” between either military or civilian leaders that would help ease any future friction.
% B8 q& Y' a& G, S5 Y% Mrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
! {( i; Z; b: O' P5 b# `4 _“The Chinese military understands as well as I do that the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to somebody you know and smooth out misunderstandings quickly is a very important part of relations between two countries,” Gen. Pace said.
, A/ z# z! n7 @( T* p/ F( Q$ _. r# L2 y1 ]; r) Y
Deep mistrust remains, however, particularly over Washington's close military ties with Japan and commitment to help ensure the defence of Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers its own territory and which it has threatened to use force to recover.
9 a9 {8 @% U" B) l人在德国 社区人在德国 社区* @! [& _6 O( s& h1 C5 e5 k
China has complained about U.S. plans to sell a batch of more than 400 missiles to Taiwan, but Gen. Pace said he had no details and didn't indicate whether the deal was mentioned in discussions.0 w& ^% R. o( d8 f9 o3 q

0 ~$ P! j! g( H; p人在德国 社区Asked about the possibility of a conflict over Taiwan, he said: “I believe there are good faith efforts among all the leadership to prevent that.”
( t1 t/ \+ V) n4 K人在德国 社区6 q& ]- J' _6 x% V
The general didn't say how the Chinese officers responded to his calls for more transparency. China raised its military budget by 17.8 per cent this year to about $45-billion (U.S.) -- the biggest jump since 1995. The Pentagon says actual Chinese defence spending could be twice as high.
6 x! U, n, n) j# S* G( r
6 n' M4 H6 R8 t( D& C0 I7 `& UThe spending boost and January's satellite test, in which China became only the third country to destroy an object in space by pulverizing one of its own unused satellites with a missile warhead, heightened the sense of unease in Washington over China's 2.3 million-member armed forces.
+ ~! }: x2 y. C% q( a7 {% \% E/ b& f! b; D3 D3 K, J  q0 I8 X6 d9 [% B- E

! @0 R& o- L( W6 ^3 X. q. V7 ^9 y% e1 J) A0 a
2 J- V3 L- ^. ^) z
Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace inspects the guard of honor during a welcome ceremony at the Defence Ministry in Beijing March 22, 2007.

Pace.jpg (54.9 KB)

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace

Pace.jpg

Share |