[中国新闻] 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解

正在中国访问的美军参谋长联席会议主席彼得·佩斯23日在北京举行的新闻发布会上表示,他与中国军方领导商谈了建立美中军事热线一事。“希望通过军事热线,增加双方沟通的机会,减少误判,消除误解。”
+ o, x: S0 M$ r' n1 H5 A, [人在德国 社区
  r" [$ l4 }2 p  佩斯是应中央军委委员、中国人民解放军总参谋长梁光烈的邀请,于22日开始对中国为期4天的正式访问。中央军委副主席郭伯雄,中央军委副主席、国务委员兼国防部长曹刚川22日分别会见了佩斯。梁光烈与佩斯举行了会谈。! i* u' ^+ P& l: g( a, W1 n9 g

8 S2 k1 d7 r3 f9 g+ F- j  佩斯说,他们讨论了通过其他途径增进两军间的信任,比如,互相观摩军事演习,共同参加人道主义救援,增加军官交流等。1 N2 ], y/ T1 `" j; R/ m
; b  O, \$ v7 z7 N6 c) [
  佩斯一行是今年访华的第一个美国高级军事代表团,也是佩斯2005年就任美军参联会主席以来首次访华。
rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de) N5 {) _4 j' P8 V1 C
人在德国 社区8 p' [7 j5 o* _6 P- d( c% y! w
U.S. general says Beijing 'hotline' possible
3 m+ R1 A7 K* g) t人在德国 社区rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de7 \4 l4 s' v5 Q! v0 k9 K
BEIJING — China's military is proposing officer exchanges and other confidence-building measures with the U.S. Army and may be inching closer to setting up a “hotline” for emergency communication with Washington, the top U.S. general said Friday.
/ h: ?# F5 [' ?% d4 v, x' Hrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
: q" q' `8 d+ ?3 P1 C# rHowever, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he received no new information in meetings with Chinese military chiefs about Beijing's test of an anti-satellite weapon in January that raised concern in Washington. He said he continued to press China's generals for more transparency about the aims of their military buildup.
# p( V4 u8 U6 O/ V  U3 N; Q% _$ Q) e: b6 h7 R3 `% Y
“I used the example of the anti-satellite test as how sometimes the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,” Gen. Pace said." r! g. w) |  d, U8 k+ m
人在德国 社区' |9 U+ K2 a! F. @6 Q5 g  ^
Gen. Pace said he immediately agreed to study the proposals put forward Friday by Gen. Liang Guanglie, chief of the PLA's General Staff Department. Liang's move suggested a departure from the skepticism with which the highly secretive People's Liberation Army has long regarded co-operation with the U.S. military.
+ o- k. D% b! X: ^, F1 {) p+ U人在德国 社区
6 \) D! z) F3 ?$ i“To me this was a very good, open discussion and one that I found very encouraging,” Gen. Pace told reporters in Beijing.
/ j% l2 w3 e) p人在德国 社区
1 F. C/ }* s6 O7 HGen. Liang's proposals included sending Chinese cadets to the Army academy at West Point as well as participating in joint exercises and humanitarian and relief-at-sea operations “that might be able to build trust and confidence amongst our forces.”
% H, C0 x! g1 T人在德国 社区
4 w$ l; E- h) [# W8 krs238848.rs.hosteurope.deMilitary exchanges were largely suspended following a collision between a U.S. spy plane and a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. The Chinese pilot was killed and the U.S. crew held captive after making an emergency landing at a Chinese air base.) p+ y7 B3 W9 ^; L& F

9 c8 o3 M4 o+ ^' m" b( k- I* ors238848.rs.hosteurope.deDuring that crisis, communication between the sides was spotty and at times non-existent, largely because Washington had no direct channel of communications with the Chinese leadership.: T" D% [: _9 K! o3 D* J/ ?: b0 G

* ~; c: z1 ^, K2 u+ X9 B人在德国 社区Gen. Pace said the sides agreed to keep discussing setting up a “hotline” between either military or civilian leaders that would help ease any future friction.0 V; N3 x2 i: w0 S( ], E

$ `8 I2 t9 `; e4 P) Y“The Chinese military understands as well as I do that the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to somebody you know and smooth out misunderstandings quickly is a very important part of relations between two countries,” Gen. Pace said.
+ R( U6 x/ \3 x& ^' E  Mrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
- n' d: X! @6 V' kDeep mistrust remains, however, particularly over Washington's close military ties with Japan and commitment to help ensure the defence of Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers its own territory and which it has threatened to use force to recover.
6 W; k% X1 a. I# L! y: T8 P$ W$ N7 O/ S& m4 E* Y
China has complained about U.S. plans to sell a batch of more than 400 missiles to Taiwan, but Gen. Pace said he had no details and didn't indicate whether the deal was mentioned in discussions.' ~/ B% w4 e% J: [

0 j- n8 X% d$ q0 _( g# ?rs238848.rs.hosteurope.deAsked about the possibility of a conflict over Taiwan, he said: “I believe there are good faith efforts among all the leadership to prevent that.”
- \, ]+ _/ @$ A- ^$ E. ?rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de' ~' O3 J# c* D2 `! h
The general didn't say how the Chinese officers responded to his calls for more transparency. China raised its military budget by 17.8 per cent this year to about $45-billion (U.S.) -- the biggest jump since 1995. The Pentagon says actual Chinese defence spending could be twice as high.人在德国 社区, @% s5 ]3 r! G- ~( C& c
人在德国 社区" d5 n/ Q1 S0 t9 X( b3 \; T5 x
The spending boost and January's satellite test, in which China became only the third country to destroy an object in space by pulverizing one of its own unused satellites with a missile warhead, heightened the sense of unease in Washington over China's 2.3 million-member armed forces., W1 T& N1 [! W0 c& {
# P( }2 k, O, \
rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de: w7 w5 k0 J2 R

9 I3 O; O' j" G9 t人在德国 社区
# |$ r, M: x' `! u3 f8 E- zChairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace inspects the guard of honor during a welcome ceremony at the Defence Ministry in Beijing March 22, 2007.

Pace.jpg (54.9 KB)

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace

Pace.jpg