[中国新闻] 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解

正在中国访问的美军参谋长联席会议主席彼得·佩斯23日在北京举行的新闻发布会上表示,他与中国军方领导商谈了建立美中军事热线一事。“希望通过军事热线,增加双方沟通的机会,减少误判,消除误解。”
1 k) j% v( D# j0 X5 V, u  j6 w5 a3 K7 r" u2 a( ^
  佩斯是应中央军委委员、中国人民解放军总参谋长梁光烈的邀请,于22日开始对中国为期4天的正式访问。中央军委副主席郭伯雄,中央军委副主席、国务委员兼国防部长曹刚川22日分别会见了佩斯。梁光烈与佩斯举行了会谈。rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de( ~# _4 l% j# a4 q4 }) |

/ M4 C% L! a5 }0 A/ G  佩斯说,他们讨论了通过其他途径增进两军间的信任,比如,互相观摩军事演习,共同参加人道主义救援,增加军官交流等。
* m/ _. m: D1 @3 ]+ g% n
+ r! ]5 F( Z% S, T- @# D  Y  佩斯一行是今年访华的第一个美国高级军事代表团,也是佩斯2005年就任美军参联会主席以来首次访华。

1 a& ^' R3 i* N* {! v+ O5 C" n+ drs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
- G- x2 G1 T, ?1 zU.S. general says Beijing 'hotline' possible& w1 c) A# f- o, i# V

6 O2 w0 s' D& e4 v* W! L: zBEIJING — China's military is proposing officer exchanges and other confidence-building measures with the U.S. Army and may be inching closer to setting up a “hotline” for emergency communication with Washington, the top U.S. general said Friday.
% D7 e0 u8 m  W9 E2 Z1 l& d9 Qrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de" E% m) ~4 m  B5 I
However, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he received no new information in meetings with Chinese military chiefs about Beijing's test of an anti-satellite weapon in January that raised concern in Washington. He said he continued to press China's generals for more transparency about the aims of their military buildup.
2 ], K1 `2 B3 v, x0 d, Y; E7 g5 Q6 E+ B5 d  i1 p
“I used the example of the anti-satellite test as how sometimes the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,” Gen. Pace said.
) J0 L) p# q# N+ U* S& f- ?4 g, W人在德国 社区8 E, q+ T: Y7 E; z3 i: X
Gen. Pace said he immediately agreed to study the proposals put forward Friday by Gen. Liang Guanglie, chief of the PLA's General Staff Department. Liang's move suggested a departure from the skepticism with which the highly secretive People's Liberation Army has long regarded co-operation with the U.S. military.
. L$ o& U* y9 a. h4 i# Q2 x5 u; V' t- F  H( B2 m
“To me this was a very good, open discussion and one that I found very encouraging,” Gen. Pace told reporters in Beijing.- k7 m/ C7 v  f. d. c1 u
6 w9 E. D* u3 R, F
Gen. Liang's proposals included sending Chinese cadets to the Army academy at West Point as well as participating in joint exercises and humanitarian and relief-at-sea operations “that might be able to build trust and confidence amongst our forces.”. J, I0 G+ z; V' [
& [' f) v; x9 \! r2 V. }: K
Military exchanges were largely suspended following a collision between a U.S. spy plane and a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. The Chinese pilot was killed and the U.S. crew held captive after making an emergency landing at a Chinese air base.
9 c4 v/ x( @8 o' G3 {9 Q$ f- K1 j# ]' i4 v; d. W
During that crisis, communication between the sides was spotty and at times non-existent, largely because Washington had no direct channel of communications with the Chinese leadership.
+ B- B- w- z. J5 Q! ~) ?, p) S/ l6 Q. C! d* i! ]
Gen. Pace said the sides agreed to keep discussing setting up a “hotline” between either military or civilian leaders that would help ease any future friction.
1 h( c2 ?0 S& t% n& ^  e2 X2 C人在德国 社区
" a& T. s$ H! ?% ?“The Chinese military understands as well as I do that the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to somebody you know and smooth out misunderstandings quickly is a very important part of relations between two countries,” Gen. Pace said.: q' U2 w, ]+ j6 V& [2 G9 \6 X

! i6 J$ f, g! M: Ors238848.rs.hosteurope.deDeep mistrust remains, however, particularly over Washington's close military ties with Japan and commitment to help ensure the defence of Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers its own territory and which it has threatened to use force to recover.
! Z. U! s1 ^, f0 z! {$ t
2 p5 {' E. R" `( s- c3 i" nrs238848.rs.hosteurope.deChina has complained about U.S. plans to sell a batch of more than 400 missiles to Taiwan, but Gen. Pace said he had no details and didn't indicate whether the deal was mentioned in discussions.
* o+ @0 S" Q8 l( ^8 O
( B, V& J4 \5 i: \5 J! nrs238848.rs.hosteurope.deAsked about the possibility of a conflict over Taiwan, he said: “I believe there are good faith efforts among all the leadership to prevent that.”. |6 a1 [$ W8 c
: ?# ~2 X2 w/ g9 ?
The general didn't say how the Chinese officers responded to his calls for more transparency. China raised its military budget by 17.8 per cent this year to about $45-billion (U.S.) -- the biggest jump since 1995. The Pentagon says actual Chinese defence spending could be twice as high.
( B* r: P/ _  `$ J
3 {7 D+ Q2 o4 n# v& n6 vThe spending boost and January's satellite test, in which China became only the third country to destroy an object in space by pulverizing one of its own unused satellites with a missile warhead, heightened the sense of unease in Washington over China's 2.3 million-member armed forces.2 x" }$ \, t8 o8 u
  L' X/ ]6 I  X9 {3 H
& |4 |/ }  l9 L
% o; Z: q, h) [4 t. e

1 P' U- _  Q4 u3 B1 IChairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace inspects the guard of honor during a welcome ceremony at the Defence Ministry in Beijing March 22, 2007.

Pace.jpg (54.9 KB)

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace

Pace.jpg