[中国新闻] 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解

正在中国访问的美军参谋长联席会议主席彼得·佩斯23日在北京举行的新闻发布会上表示,他与中国军方领导商谈了建立美中军事热线一事。“希望通过军事热线,增加双方沟通的机会,减少误判,消除误解。”
) ^& Y5 D% d1 x  v& i( M人在德国 社区人在德国 社区" h4 h" a  o3 Z0 D
  佩斯是应中央军委委员、中国人民解放军总参谋长梁光烈的邀请,于22日开始对中国为期4天的正式访问。中央军委副主席郭伯雄,中央军委副主席、国务委员兼国防部长曹刚川22日分别会见了佩斯。梁光烈与佩斯举行了会谈。人在德国 社区/ @8 ?: e0 o: e! c1 \9 o/ a/ ~- I
7 ~8 S; P5 e% p6 }# [9 @( S
  佩斯说,他们讨论了通过其他途径增进两军间的信任,比如,互相观摩军事演习,共同参加人道主义救援,增加军官交流等。rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de9 x) I! b7 m4 x( A- T. Z$ d9 K

6 D; t: W2 c, W3 }; q0 e  佩斯一行是今年访华的第一个美国高级军事代表团,也是佩斯2005年就任美军参联会主席以来首次访华。
人在德国 社区- r/ w  @2 w5 U; g/ l8 L

5 q2 [1 `& p" n& t) w) D人在德国 社区U.S. general says Beijing 'hotline' possible
' @# ^+ ~9 K1 ?: d4 f3 Ers238848.rs.hosteurope.de& ?  B( W0 _. ^  j8 k4 t1 ?
BEIJING — China's military is proposing officer exchanges and other confidence-building measures with the U.S. Army and may be inching closer to setting up a “hotline” for emergency communication with Washington, the top U.S. general said Friday.- o% N% ^" o3 q+ ^, T$ U5 ~) O

- y( {$ a% O* f! WHowever, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he received no new information in meetings with Chinese military chiefs about Beijing's test of an anti-satellite weapon in January that raised concern in Washington. He said he continued to press China's generals for more transparency about the aims of their military buildup.
2 L% s3 V( Z1 m, w( W! Z, W
' t+ k! |" B& l3 s  {# X6 u+ K5 o0 {“I used the example of the anti-satellite test as how sometimes the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,” Gen. Pace said.
. t7 @$ A/ E5 l: l$ Ers238848.rs.hosteurope.de" s1 O5 a1 B; d# Q% ^
Gen. Pace said he immediately agreed to study the proposals put forward Friday by Gen. Liang Guanglie, chief of the PLA's General Staff Department. Liang's move suggested a departure from the skepticism with which the highly secretive People's Liberation Army has long regarded co-operation with the U.S. military.2 G( G! o: ^& ]7 t2 t" ?" i1 H$ b
( I9 {! A) q) s, v) I
“To me this was a very good, open discussion and one that I found very encouraging,” Gen. Pace told reporters in Beijing.人在德国 社区/ Q4 B, b& X( j" f

$ h5 w; J9 U+ S  s% |2 y人在德国 社区Gen. Liang's proposals included sending Chinese cadets to the Army academy at West Point as well as participating in joint exercises and humanitarian and relief-at-sea operations “that might be able to build trust and confidence amongst our forces.”, L( ~  D! y4 Q5 E3 N
5 h( `- k* G  c' H( H2 a( o" M  O, V
Military exchanges were largely suspended following a collision between a U.S. spy plane and a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. The Chinese pilot was killed and the U.S. crew held captive after making an emergency landing at a Chinese air base.
0 x& d( N) @# s' ]# T( Q5 G
9 E- t/ g( D0 z3 J  ~人在德国 社区During that crisis, communication between the sides was spotty and at times non-existent, largely because Washington had no direct channel of communications with the Chinese leadership.; K5 ^6 j* h) ~3 W3 B1 y
rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de# j( b4 l4 \" R) i9 i
Gen. Pace said the sides agreed to keep discussing setting up a “hotline” between either military or civilian leaders that would help ease any future friction.
0 X7 _) z  D; j  ^; a6 x% j人在德国 社区
& D) v" |* f9 \$ L) O, h+ i+ u“The Chinese military understands as well as I do that the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to somebody you know and smooth out misunderstandings quickly is a very important part of relations between two countries,” Gen. Pace said.
' d6 X6 h( p  ?( e% O
  L, R* h* ?3 C1 g1 v7 q人在德国 社区Deep mistrust remains, however, particularly over Washington's close military ties with Japan and commitment to help ensure the defence of Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers its own territory and which it has threatened to use force to recover., z9 I4 R9 K' H
3 a7 e6 S7 }% e' X, Z
China has complained about U.S. plans to sell a batch of more than 400 missiles to Taiwan, but Gen. Pace said he had no details and didn't indicate whether the deal was mentioned in discussions.
  Y2 y" \, ^6 }; N0 Ars238848.rs.hosteurope.de
6 o$ C; f8 E+ {5 c4 l' t: u$ D# tAsked about the possibility of a conflict over Taiwan, he said: “I believe there are good faith efforts among all the leadership to prevent that.”4 O% ]- Q, H+ l/ g' o' ~" w6 B
rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de( ~- g: C  D/ ~! ^$ x' b' g
The general didn't say how the Chinese officers responded to his calls for more transparency. China raised its military budget by 17.8 per cent this year to about $45-billion (U.S.) -- the biggest jump since 1995. The Pentagon says actual Chinese defence spending could be twice as high.rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de9 a" ~1 K; Q  n2 u
人在德国 社区- K: s: k1 x  J, S2 U
The spending boost and January's satellite test, in which China became only the third country to destroy an object in space by pulverizing one of its own unused satellites with a missile warhead, heightened the sense of unease in Washington over China's 2.3 million-member armed forces.
4 B' P7 Q7 s: @& \5 t9 W4 |( K, O+ O' g5 e) l8 y

( e: c7 `1 d' H6 \. `% `; A  P  R6 v- j: L9 y7 p2 H" f
! t/ L3 O. c# W, m1 B
Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace inspects the guard of honor during a welcome ceremony at the Defence Ministry in Beijing March 22, 2007.

Pace.jpg (54.9 KB)

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace

Pace.jpg

Share |