"sex and city"...what do you think about it?

Sex and city, a film, a little ridiculous, rude, erotic, but reasonable for modern women called as white-collared, somehow full of rebel from the side of women, I mean. In some degree, I suppose, it is worth spending one half hour or more on watching such TV programs.

What on earth do those modern women who have job, even good job, want or require from their life, and how do they treat themselves and other people as well. In surface they are no more the traditional women at all, they care more about their own feeling and their benefit. They are just as independent financially and morally as those successful men, they are no more the belonging to any of those men. Their life style is to stand on their own foot and to be active both in work and in searching their suitable lover.
How can we the audience estimate or evaluate such film? I am in doubt, that man can accept the opinions expressed by the film without any difficulties, they might think that is only one kind of soap opera, to take it seriously is comic. But I prefer to believe, the most novels or films work as a mirror to reflect the real life around us, and imply the real requirements or appealing, for example from women. But the actual world can not meet those requirements however, so people can only express those ideas by the approach of art.

Observing the people around me, I am sure that most of those men can not endure, or frankly, they even don’t believe, women could and can play the more important roles or just the same important ones in work. And it is far more surprising and interesting to find that, even the women themselves can not believe in their capacity and ability.
So I come to the question, by which I have discussed with my friends many times, what on earth is our world, is it manly only, is man really privileged beyond woman? Such question is just a paradox, one of my friends replied. Yes, he is right!

The world is full of all kinds macho. As far as women are concerned, they should either accept the fact and lead the same life as before, or they can try to control their own life thoroughly. Certainly in order to reach such games, women must endure much more press from all sides of the world , even from the parents.

By the way I find the film” monalisa’s smile “ is also a good film.:)
世事如棋,人生如弈
Share |

虽也是原创,但看起来很累得说,楼主还是优美点翻译出来吧。biggrin.gi
不相忘,也不想念..............

Originally posted by 流忆的窗棂 at 2004-5-17 10:25:
虽也是原创,但看起来很累得说,楼主还是优美点翻译出来吧。biggrin.gi

ok, I will try. I wrote it just in a hurry.blush.gif:)

我实在读不懂英文啊

Originally posted by 青山 at 2004-5-17 19:46:
我实在读不懂英文啊

that is all right, the article is against macho wink.gifanyway, and suggests that women shall stand on their own feet, hehe
nevertheless to my opinion English is much easier than Germany.:P:)
世事如棋,人生如弈

Originally posted by 冬鱼的快乐 at 2004-5-18 09:34:
that is all right, the article is against macho wink.gifanyway, and suggests that women shall stand on their own feet, hehe
nevertheless to my opinion English is much easier than Germany.:P:)

其实坐在这里的也不都是三番四国的代表,都是懂中文的
说中文比谁都听的明白,当然如果无法输入中文,比如在实验室,那就林当别论。biggrin.gibiggrin.gibiggrin.gi
[img]http://www.alex.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~blackskin/temp/sign_0001.gif[/img] ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Originally posted by blackskin at 2004-5-18 11:04:
其实坐在这里的也不都是三番四国的代表,都是懂中文的
说中文比谁都听的明白,当然如果无法输入中文,比如在实验室,那就林当别论。biggrin.gibiggrin.gibiggrin.gi

how do you know I am in labor? despair.gisurprised ! I am really in labor every day hehe.
:):)
世事如棋,人生如弈

Originally posted by 冬鱼的快乐 at 2004-5-18 11:08:
how do you know I am in labor? despair.gisurprised ! I am really in labor every day hehe.
:):)

等下,你是从Tibet来的啊???
[img]http://www.alex.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~blackskin/temp/sign_0001.gif[/img] ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Originally posted by blackskin at 2004-5-18 11:14:
等下,你是从Tibet来的啊???

why such question?13.gif13.g

[ Last edited by 冬鱼的快乐 on 2004-5-18 at 12:55 ]
世事如棋,人生如弈

Originally posted by 冬鱼的快乐 at 2004-5-18 11:19:
why such question?13.gif13.g

你的来自写的是 Tibet 啊crazy.gifcrazy.gif