Honor killing-something shocking!

Just have seen the program 'Insight' from CNN. Today's topic is a bit horrible and shocking——Honor killing, which discussed about the nowaday crimes committed to the innocent women existing in the Islamic societies.
The program focused on the background of the Turkish community in Germany because it's well known that there are as many as 2.5 million Turks living as a huge immigrant group here even though the government has never admitted or recognized that Germany is an immigrant country. No need to talk about the reason why there're so many Turks here. Once the major labor force here in the reconstruction eras for Deutschland.

About the story:

It began with a scene happened on a street of Tempolhof, a district of Berlin, where a Turkish women was founded cruelly killed a couple of months ago: Many sympathizers have given the flowers to the dead and mourned in silence. Among them there are Turks, Germans, and other people in different colors. This Turkish woman had escaped from the family with her son and tended to start a new life herself. During the days she was home, which meant forever nightmares to her, she was always abused and threatened by her Turkish husband, which she couldn't bear any more and wanted to escape from this horrible den of violence eagerly. After her escape, she was even warned by her own family to be back soon. Not very long after that, the murder happened. She was founded and killed. The body was inhumanly left on the corner of the street. In the following days her 3 brothers were respectively caught as the suspects of the murder. There is still no final result given by the German police until now.

Something I’ve heard of:

This is not the first time that I’ve ever heard of such murder in the Islamic community. Half a year ago, one of my German friends who is now still living inside the Turkish community has told me a similar story: a Turkish girl has been killed by her own family, her elder brother to be exact, for not being virgin before married but having had sex with a German. Oh my god! Das is kaum zu glauben (it’s hard to believe, in German)!”They deserve death cause they are whores living like Germans!!!“ such irresponsible comments were given from some jerk Turkish men. In that moment I’ve realized how stupid such men are and how much I looked down upon them.

Something I want to criticize:

About the German government—— I do agree that the government has not done enough to avoid such crimes. To be honest, in my opinion, the German government has never seriously considered about the problems happened in the multicultural community. They ignore the problems, leave them alone and have not learned anything from the lessons, which I mean here the various crimes in the immigrant communities. Why can’t an integration policy be discussed? Why can’t any form of education of how to respect women and life be given?

About the tradition and the belief—— Forced marriage, abuse and rape, honor killing…when these brutal words appeared in my eyes, I couldn’t keep doubting that if we are living in a cultural, industrialized modern world or not. What about these suffered women’s lives? Do they really count for there own worth? Or do they belong to their religious community? Do they just exist for protecting the reputation of their families and fulfilling the outrageous desire of sex or flagitious evilness from their stupid husbands? Ok, if someone wants to interrupt me for a while and teach me a lesson of tradition and belief, let me ask u, my friend, what is tradition and belief? I myself don’t have a definite answer but I do know exactly well, that traditions and believes do deserve respect only when they confer respect themselves.

I’m lucky that I’m an independent educated Chinese woman, even so-called young, even naïve sometimes, but I feel more respect from the surroundings that I’ve lived in. And for sure, in China, people respect women and women’s rights. Now, I realize it finally and am sure of this fact. I’m proud of that, proud of my mother, who has shown me a perfect good model of a strong, independent and respectful woman.

I feel deeply sorry for all the suffered Islamic women and hope the world could give more attention to their lives. I’m not a critic, a feminist or a humanist. I just want u guys to know such tragedies still happen even nowadays. I do love my life and respect other lives as well. Something really really needs to be changed as soon as possible.

I mourn for the women who have suffered from the above-mentioned humanistic disasters for 5 minutes.
好风凭借力, 送我上青云!