[中国新闻] 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解

正在中国访问的美军参谋长联席会议主席彼得·佩斯23日在北京举行的新闻发布会上表示,他与中国军方领导商谈了建立美中军事热线一事。“希望通过军事热线,增加双方沟通的机会,减少误判,消除误解。”
3 w) B0 e/ f4 _# y) r- p# ]
' y8 J. ^1 h: W* g. B  佩斯是应中央军委委员、中国人民解放军总参谋长梁光烈的邀请,于22日开始对中国为期4天的正式访问。中央军委副主席郭伯雄,中央军委副主席、国务委员兼国防部长曹刚川22日分别会见了佩斯。梁光烈与佩斯举行了会谈。
& i! I/ m/ [7 Z% G2 r* C! H人在德国 社区+ ?! c+ A8 g; L; N7 C: F6 w+ W
  佩斯说,他们讨论了通过其他途径增进两军间的信任,比如,互相观摩军事演习,共同参加人道主义救援,增加军官交流等。7 M7 R- O: g' a
人在德国 社区4 s( H: G5 Q. S! y; l% f0 A) X( ~, A
  佩斯一行是今年访华的第一个美国高级军事代表团,也是佩斯2005年就任美军参联会主席以来首次访华。

. L0 D7 D# ~% p4 H$ ^- l) R% U6 J人在德国 社区0 s6 i" ~* d0 K2 D
U.S. general says Beijing 'hotline' possible人在德国 社区% R% q! D, s0 [% H

7 v9 T6 M' k1 ^$ ~4 \BEIJING — China's military is proposing officer exchanges and other confidence-building measures with the U.S. Army and may be inching closer to setting up a “hotline” for emergency communication with Washington, the top U.S. general said Friday.0 p# I+ O. F  F. y, [+ e4 ^) [

- ]3 O. G4 H. l8 ?rs238848.rs.hosteurope.deHowever, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he received no new information in meetings with Chinese military chiefs about Beijing's test of an anti-satellite weapon in January that raised concern in Washington. He said he continued to press China's generals for more transparency about the aims of their military buildup.rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de6 M0 t8 |& x. c  p% Z& r& {; ^
rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de; |$ g- e) D, I4 c) f' {. H
“I used the example of the anti-satellite test as how sometimes the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,” Gen. Pace said.
/ W1 m: d6 N2 p! l) J( l& u3 @" r1 @) c* @) z9 z0 Z: z6 F
Gen. Pace said he immediately agreed to study the proposals put forward Friday by Gen. Liang Guanglie, chief of the PLA's General Staff Department. Liang's move suggested a departure from the skepticism with which the highly secretive People's Liberation Army has long regarded co-operation with the U.S. military.# I7 x5 a" P- p4 s3 ]

m- h' A& J* f6 K9 B7 E/ x“To me this was a very good, open discussion and one that I found very encouraging,” Gen. Pace told reporters in Beijing.
  D. G- t& R8 x6 q( |) z
/ T8 ^5 }3 ]8 ?0 J/ ]rs238848.rs.hosteurope.deGen. Liang's proposals included sending Chinese cadets to the Army academy at West Point as well as participating in joint exercises and humanitarian and relief-at-sea operations “that might be able to build trust and confidence amongst our forces.”rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de  ]) k; N  P8 u: t
" G: b' E3 {# G$ X
Military exchanges were largely suspended following a collision between a U.S. spy plane and a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. The Chinese pilot was killed and the U.S. crew held captive after making an emergency landing at a Chinese air base.
  E* P" `- N" z1 p6 c* A1 p' t' vrs238848.rs.hosteurope.de) u) I6 h$ D  F+ v( y
During that crisis, communication between the sides was spotty and at times non-existent, largely because Washington had no direct channel of communications with the Chinese leadership.rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de2 z& n5 s; p1 v% q/ A. n  p5 I, O; Q. }
人在德国 社区/ F! ]  K. v. v6 |5 h
Gen. Pace said the sides agreed to keep discussing setting up a “hotline” between either military or civilian leaders that would help ease any future friction.人在德国 社区! G" u1 m/ C2 _4 p: V# c; A

% G- z+ F& W' b8 m' k* \rs238848.rs.hosteurope.de“The Chinese military understands as well as I do that the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to somebody you know and smooth out misunderstandings quickly is a very important part of relations between two countries,” Gen. Pace said.3 J/ I, U  w: d2 l$ [& Z2 X; M0 `
人在德国 社区/ i8 p5 l( q( I' P2 g
Deep mistrust remains, however, particularly over Washington's close military ties with Japan and commitment to help ensure the defence of Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers its own territory and which it has threatened to use force to recover.9 B# V6 N  `) k6 N

, \* S# f3 c' }% O* Brs238848.rs.hosteurope.deChina has complained about U.S. plans to sell a batch of more than 400 missiles to Taiwan, but Gen. Pace said he had no details and didn't indicate whether the deal was mentioned in discussions.5 \+ b, U& f6 T* j: @. A  }& F/ @
, R0 m2 g3 u/ }' ]) y
Asked about the possibility of a conflict over Taiwan, he said: “I believe there are good faith efforts among all the leadership to prevent that.”# b1 f. N7 q% T

' u4 o0 E2 B! |: _: aThe general didn't say how the Chinese officers responded to his calls for more transparency. China raised its military budget by 17.8 per cent this year to about $45-billion (U.S.) -- the biggest jump since 1995. The Pentagon says actual Chinese defence spending could be twice as high.
, n2 ^) d5 v0 ]" ^4 G2 X/ crs238848.rs.hosteurope.de
0 p$ E: L5 d2 B$ ^+ Crs238848.rs.hosteurope.deThe spending boost and January's satellite test, in which China became only the third country to destroy an object in space by pulverizing one of its own unused satellites with a missile warhead, heightened the sense of unease in Washington over China's 2.3 million-member armed forces.7 K& O" A8 g, i! N, F  R# f
( s' y3 F( z2 \4 q4 N

3 D; h8 i6 C* u3 n人在德国 社区
& G0 R" b) o* s6 f" ]1 r  n
5 D0 ?% b2 I; |4 s  _/ N# ?人在德国 社区Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace inspects the guard of honor during a welcome ceremony at the Defence Ministry in Beijing March 22, 2007.

Pace.jpg (54.9 KB)

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace

Pace.jpg

Share |